samedi 21 juin 2008

We have a winner!!

I have the answer to the reader's challenge, and we have a winner. First let me say that I approached this question like an archaeologist, and I failed. There are at least two other similar objects placed around the village of Menerbes, so I was certain that these were culturally-specific, functional objects. I peered at them, I studied them, I walked around them. I was totally frustrated that I couldn't figure them out. Anyway, I finally found someone today who knew the answer. Turns out, Monsieur Christian was correct: they are simply objets d'art. A local sculptor makes them. They are meant to resemble little chairs, which of course is why half of us thought of potty chairs. So Chris, you win a Fabulous Provencal Prize! I will try to find something more masculine than lavender soap.

Aucun commentaire: